2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Don't get me wrong I've had plenty of damaged tyres, ones with budges, nails, awful kerb damage and slow punctures but nothing that's ever left me completely stranded and needing to stamp on a tyre iron...

Found a spacesaver for my Civic on eBay that was so new that the retaining bolt and stickers were still in their packaging... Last owner never used and installed it, hopefully it'll sit in the boot of my car until it's scrapped without ever seeing tarmac!

Registered
Well that's just unfair, I've had a total of 4 times where I Had to use the spare! I've been driving 12 years so that's roughly once every 3 years 馃槀
I win. 2 tyres popped with a screwdriver on new years day! Some little **** decided walking by. Ive had nails in treads patched but in 32yrs of driving i count my blessings ive not had a blowout or flat :)

Thankfully was lots of years ago on a supermini, been lucky ever since.

Registered
Spacesaver tyres are unique in both width and height to fit under the floor tray they aren鈥檛 the same as what is fitted to the car, all you get with a new Honda Civic is a large plastic jar type container with the puncture repair gel/foam inside (this doesn鈥檛 work in all puncture situations like with a tyre wall puncture) and a 12v electric pump
When you buy a spacesaver it comes with a wheelbrace, Jack & spanner to remove a tyre along with a large circular polystyrene bung to hold all the tools that then fits inside the spacesaver in the boot.

Registered
Spacesaver tyres are unique in both width and height to fit under the floor tray they aren鈥檛 the same as what is fitted to the car, all you get with a new Honda Civic is a large plastic jar type container with the puncture repair gel/foam inside (this doesn鈥檛 work in all puncture situations like with a tyre wall puncture) and a 12v electric pump
When you buy a spacesaver it comes with a wheelbrace, Jack & spanner to remove a tyre along with a large circular polystyrene bung to hold all the tools that then fits inside the spacesaver in the boot.
good to know. :)

tbh with the type-r i think that's all it ever got.

Ive had AA membership for years so im happy to run without, also means my false boot can hold all my detailing stuff and waterproof boots :p man ive missed that false bottom.

Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
good to know. :)

tbh with the type-r i think that's all it ever got.

Ive had AA membership for years so im happy to run without, also means my false boot can hold all my detailing stuff and waterproof boots :p man ive missed that false bottom.
We both do the exact same thing! 馃槀 馃槀
I've got some microfiber towels, a quick detailer, bird dropping wipes, ONR and some distilled water along with a small tool set, extinguisher and a jump starter 馃槅

Registered
We both do the exact same thing! 馃槀 馃槀
I've got some microfiber towels, a quick detailer, bird dropping wipes, ONR and some distilled water along with a small tool set, extinguisher and a jump starter 馃槅
oh i went the whole hog mate, with spending at least 2 of 4 weekends down at my good ladys' gaffe, its just easier to carry the vitals around in my autoglym carrier thing i nabbed from my old mans lexus hybrid :p
hmmm what else is down there, oh yep dress shoes from the last family wedding still (2 weeks ago) Landrover 12v compressor in there and European travelling stuff also (partners from Germany) right this second the false boot is holding half of the other half's scuba diving shizzle. her diving knife and breathing apparatus is in, oh and her drysuit. lol backseat currently has 2 big shipping crates with rest of her diving gear and cylinders away in the garage now, ill sort rest tomms, 7hour driving today, took my time :p

I had to bring all her gear up today, including 3 oxygen cylinders, the Type-r looked like a hotrod, no wheel arch gap at rear but did for once at the front lol, didnt make a jot of difference to the MPG either over 390miles...go figure! this 9th gen type-r never ceases to amaze with economy.

have 2 sets of 2 buckets (mguires actually) for grit guard and big black buckets for suds at both places.

Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
oh i went the whole hog mate, with spending at least 2 of 4 weekends down at my good ladys' gaffe, its just easier to carry the vitals around in my autoglym carrier thing i nabbed from my old mans lexus hybrid :p
hmmm what else is down there, oh yep dress shoes from the last family wedding still (2 weeks ago) Landrover 12v compressor in there and European travelling stuff also (partners from Germany) right this second the false boot is holding half of the other half's scuba diving shizzle. her diving knife and breathing apparatus is in, oh and her drysuit. lol backseat currently has 2 big shipping crates with rest of her diving gear and cylinders away in the garage now, ill sort rest tomms, 7hour driving today, took my time :p

I had to bring all her gear up today, including 3 oxygen cylinders, the Type-r looked like a hotrod, no wheel arch gap at rear but did for once at the front lol, didnt make a jot of difference to the MPG either over 390miles...go figure! this 9th gen type-r never ceases to amaze with economy.

have 2 sets of 2 buckets (mguires actually) for grit guard and big black buckets for suds at both places.
Wow that's actually impressive! Both cargo space and mgp 馃槅 you're getting brilliant fuel economy mate!
I had to go pick up for my old man 12 bags of fertilizer for his vegetable garden a while back and the resr end looked hilarious, looks like we're not using our type Rs for their designed purpose 馃槀

Registered
Wow that's actually impressive! Both cargo space and mgp 馃槅 you're getting brilliant fuel economy mate!
I had to go pick up for my old man 12 bags of fertilizer for his vegetable garden a while back and the rear end looked hilarious, looks like we're not using our type Rs for their designed purpose 馃槀
mines my daily driver :) (well i WFH 4 days a week and at local site 1 day a week, even through Covid im a critical care worker designation, we make a specific Covid test kits where i work)
I'm also getting too old to drive like a fanny, with great power comes great responsibility, that and at 49 i dont want fixed penalties, insurance is sensible atm :) 40 to 42mpg is seen on the long runs, usually around 38 nipping 15 or so miles. A90 has average speed cameras Dundee to Aberdeen now

Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
mines my daily driver :) (well i WFH 4 days a week and at local site 1 day a week, even through Covid im a critical care worker designation, we make a specific Covid test kits where i work)
I'm also getting too old to drive like a fanny, with great power comes great responsibility, that and at 49 i dont want fixed penalties, insurance is sensible atm :) 40 to 42mpg is seen on the long runs, usually around 38 nipping 15 or so miles. A90 has average speed cameras Dundee to Aberdeen now
馃槀Totally agree! Mines also my daily driver, I believe there's no point buying a nice car and then babying it and not driving the thing 馃槅

21 - 29 of 29 Posts