2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some ATE 200 and am looking to bleed the brakes fully in the spring, are braided brake lines worth it? I've already got decent pads and oem discs.

·
Administrator
18,076 Posts
You might feel a small difference, with a tiny bit more bite. A small increment really but they add up right?

Modern servo assistance makes braided lines less obvious.

On a road car a decent set of disks, pads and a well bled system is hard to beat.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Under heavy braking I'd agree you will see the difference, general road use not really. As said above, well bleed system with good fluid, pads and discs are general good for spirited road use. BUT, I do think being able to stop quicker than you can accelerate is important if possible, so will be working on brakes next.

Reactions: Wilmo

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If "feel" is the only real difference I'll probably not bother. Cheers all. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
from what i've researched, stainless steel are the way forward. the nickel coated ones corrode.

while i'd argue regular checks of brake pipes should be done reguardless of what type you have, braided lines do seem to get more checks advised on them.
i think it's todo with the outer protective layer. Once it splits, it lets dirt in and wears through in double quick time.
I've actually gone back on my initial impressions of them and bought a set. wheels are off at least twice a year with the winter/summer wheel swap, plus checks at service & MOT time, let alone any other work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts