2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Sorry in advance for the very novice question coming up!

I am going to fit new Brake Discs & Pads to my Car, firstly are all the below OK with a MK8?
The websites used are reliant on Reg Number which has identified the car correctly but previously I've been sent an incompatible Clutch Slave Cylinder when relying on this alone from a different site so just a bit hesitant,

I've found what appears to be a couple of decent deals I am considering;

I can go with the cheaper option of Bosch Discs & Pagid Pads for £173 from;

Or push the boat out and get some nice Perforated and Coated Brembo's & Brembo Pads for £243 from;

Any advice on compatibility and perhaps any alternatives I might want to consider?
I don't mind spending a bit more for the Brembo's for better performance and longevity.

Any help or advice as always greatly appreciated.
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
if you are not aware carparts4less is owned by ECP.
we are starting to deliver CP4L orders via the ECP vans

to answer your question I have Brembo plain discs & pads on my FN2 and Pagid discs & pads on the 1.8 Si - no issues with either after almost 20k miles.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you are not aware carparts4less is owned by ECP.
we are starting to deliver CP4L orders via the ECP vans

to answer your question I have Brembo plain discs & pads on my FN2 and Pagid discs & pads on the 1.8 Si - no issues with either after almost 20k miles.
Identical Bosch Front & Rear Discs
£170.92 with 45% Discount Code on Euro Car Parts
£122.50 with 20% Discount Code on Car Parts 4 Less

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
461 Posts
I have pagid disc front and rear, pagid pads rear, ferodo 2500 pads front. I find these work well with the pagid disc together.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK to get 282mm Diameter Discs? most seems to be 260 but these Brembo's are bigger.
edit: Scratch that, I see the Fronts are slghtly bigger

·
i-Vtec
4,426 Posts
any particular reason why?
Rear discs look like they've been on for 5 years and 50k instead of 18 months and 10k. All winter the pads would stick to the disc when parked over night and damp. Fronts are fine though. Next time id just go Brembo for all the extra cost.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I ended up getting Brembo Pads & Brembo Coated Discs from Onlinecarparts.co.uk (AutoDoc) for £178 which seemed reasonable. Not arrived yet, I think the Snail carrying them from Germany has set off though.
Looking forward to giving the brakes a refresh.
I think I've got some slight brake binding going on coupled with a terrible grinding noise when turning all from the front nearside.
Starts at about half lock and gets worse as you get to full lock, more noticable at slower speeds and terrible when stationary.
Wondering if it is something catching the Dust Guard.
I'll soon find out

·
Registered
363 Posts
I ended up getting Brembo Pads & Brembo Coated Discs from Onlinecarparts.co.uk (AutoDoc) for £178 which seemed reasonable. Not arrived yet, I think the Snail carrying them from Germany has set off though.
Looking forward to giving the brakes a refresh.
I think I've got some slight brake binding going on coupled with a terrible grinding noise when turning all from the front nearside.
Starts at about half lock and gets worse as you get to full lock, more noticable at slower speeds and terrible when stationary.
Wondering if it is something catching the Dust Guard.
I'll soon find out
Stuck caliper? Clean and lube the caliper pins with ceratec brake grease, use brake cleaner to clean the pins, then lubricate the pins with ceratec.a stuck caliper can increase brake wear to the disk, check both sides.

Since u replacing both disks and pads get yourself a wire brush to clean the sliders, apply brake grease on the sliders where the pads fit, this to ensure that it be easy for u to replace the pads next time.

You would need a caliper wind back tool, to wind back the calipers in order to fit the brake pads.

I would get myself a cheap brake fluid tester that will test the moisture content of the brake fluid, as u know water in brake fluid will affect your brakes.

After u fit the brake pads and disks dont forget to pump up the brake pedal ....very important

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts