2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am looking for new brake disks for my fn2 as mine are getting worn, I have seen these on eBay and wondering if they are any good as it seems abit cheap for all 4 disks with pads

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
If your not tracking the car they will be fine also get braided brake hoses too and good brake fluid motul 600 rbf i recommend

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your not tracking the car they will be fine also get braided brake hoses too and good brake fluid motul 600 rbf i recommend

Thanks for the reply and that's what am looking at as well, are the disks and hoses easy to fit yourself?
Also what brake lines would you recommend

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I have drilled and grooved discs and have used them on track and they have not split or cracked

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
There is literally no point in buying drilled discs for a standard FN2. Grooved, maybe, just to deglaze the pads. But why risk a cracked disc when there are no benefits in having drilled?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I don't use drilled myself any more but used to run the same mtec discs and never had a problem,I no there have been issues in the past with drilled discs cracking but if he is only using them in the road the chance of getting them hot enough to crack is slim to none

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I only have the fronts and stock rear discs with brembo pads with hel braided hoses and motul 600 rbf fluid, i used mtecs before that but warped them after 3000 miles but i do drive hard lol

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only have the fronts and stock rear discs with brembo pads with hel braided hoses and motul 600 rbf fluid, i used mtecs before that but warped them after 3000 miles but i do drive hard lol

I didn't realise there was another way to drive these cars

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Would you not recommend Mtec? Mtec grooved only for all 4 is £117 fro Mtec website

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Mtec are fine mate if not tracking the car on the road they work fine i ran them with ds2500 discs i only warped them on track

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Discs are just for bling really, OEM will work just fine on OEM calipers.

It's only if you're tracking the car do you need to worry about warping / cracking from drilled discs etc (unless you're REALLY abusing it on the b-roads ;) ) I've always gone grooved myself as I'd rather not take the extra risk of cracking having drilled for zero benefits. Again, shouldn't be an issue on the road however.

I've ran MTEC on 3 of my Hondas with no issues so I rate them.

I'd spend the extra money on decent pads and braided lines, OEM fluid is again fine as it's unlikely to get boiled on the roads but RBF600 is good stuff.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Discs are just for bling really, OEM will work just fine on OEM calipers.

It's only if you're tracking the car do you need to worry about warping / cracking from drilled discs etc (unless you're REALLY abusing it on the b-roads ;) ) I've always gone grooved myself as I'd rather not take the extra risk of cracking having drilled for zero benefits. Again, shouldn't be an issue on the road however.

I've ran MTEC on 3 of my Hondas with no issues so I rate them.

I'd spend the extra money on decent pads and braided lines, OEM fluid is again fine as it's unlikely to get boiled on the roads but RBF600 is good stuff.

Think I will go for the Mtec grooved, can't complain for £117 for all 4.

I have heard grooved are pretty noisy have you noticed it?

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
I did, but only on harder braking really

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi I am looking for new brake disks for my fn2 as mine are getting worn, I have seen these on eBay and wondering if they are any good as it seems abit cheap for all 4 disks with pads

Cheers

I have buyed exactly the same KIT ... Next week I will put them on the car :wink3:

+ Goodridge Hoses and RBF600

1 - 20 of 28 Posts