2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

has anyone else had any issues with their brake fluid warning light coming on in error? Mine comes on after approx an hours driving and stays on along with the constant beeping, it cannot be reset.

It has been into Honda dealer 7!!! times now and due to go back in for an 8th time for 3 days. They have replaced sensors, entire centre computer screen and some wiring. This time they are going to replace the full wiring harness.

My question is this, in the US after 3 times it would come under the "lemon law" and a replacement vehicle would be supplied. What is the situation in the UK? how many times can they expect me to go through the inconvenience of losing my car for a few days before they replace the car? I am a little worried as I only have 3 - 4 months left on my warranty period.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
After seven attempts to fix it I would suggest you ask them to supply a courtesy car for as long as it takes to fix it. If it is not fixed within a reasonable time (say two weeks) then start making noises about a replacement car, I don't think you will get one though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts