2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Wasn't sure if this should come under brakes or lights but hoping someone can help.

Some one at work noticed that my driver side brake light wasn't coming on and a week later the passenger side. They were coming on as side lights but not as brake lights. After some confusion over bulbs I got a pair of 501 bulbs and fitted them but the issue persists. They come on as side lights but don't get any brighter when I brake. The central spoiler light comes on. Horn still works (same fuse I believe).

Any ideas?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't think they could be upside down and from the look of things, the ones I removed were not dual-filament and neither are these.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Please see following image that I've marked up after stealing from Google Images :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
The facelift models do not have brakelights on the boot lid, they are only tail lights.
Brake lights are not W5W-T10-501 but W20W5 or dual filament T20.

Cheers, I thought I was going mad after I checked mine and found no brake lights in the boot lid perspex. Just saw a pre facelift on the motorway and noticed there's did... Also, I didn't have to post a new thread because I searched for an answer ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, can anyone tell me if the dual filament bulbs will work instead of single filament bulbs as my light is out and is not coming back on, help please and thank you

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Hello, can anyone tell me if the dual filament bulbs will work instead of single filament bulbs as my light is out and is not coming back on, help please and thank you
Why would you want to put a dual filament bulb in place of a single filament in the first place? :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was sold the wrong bulb at the shop, with a little research on here and a bit of head scratching all was sorted eventually ?

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Was sold the wrong bulb at the shop, with a little research on here and a bit of head scratching all was sorted eventually ?
Ah I see!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts