2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, fairly new to this site. Thinking about altering the discs, pads & brake line kit in my Type R GT Fn2 2008.

I've seen a brake line kit by HEL Performance for £65 that come in a various colours (not that it matters as you will never see them). I was wondering if anyone had fitted a set and could maybe comment on them? Seems like the kit is exactly the same as HKS, Do-luk, Goodridge kits but a lot cheaper.

Oh and can anyone recommend a good site for drilled & grooved brake discs front and rear for the FN2? Possibly by Tar-ox... that are reasonably priced?
A lot on ebay but unsure of the quality

Any advice welcome, thanks guys

Regards

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
That brake line kit seems suspiciously cheap fella, make sure it is a six line kit. I though the HEL lines were more like 200+ quid. I have just bought the Do-luck lines and they were £120 delivered from Sumo power and the kit containes everything you need to fit them.

As for discs I just went for some brembo plain discs from ebay, teamed up with some Cosworth Streetmaster pads. Alot of people also recommend the ferodo DS2500 :cool:

Reactions: cammy81

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That brake line kit seems suspiciously cheap fella, make sure it is a six line kit. I though the HEL lines were more like 200+ quid. I have just bought the Do-luck lines and they were £120 delivered from Sumo power and the kit containes everything you need to fit them.

As for discs I just went for some brembo plain discs from ebay, teamed up with some Cosworth Streetmaster pads. Alot of people also recommend the ferodo DS2500 :cool:
Thanks for your reply, how does the brake setup feel now? I seen the do-luck kit at a reasonable price too

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Thanks for your reply, how does the brake setup feel now? I seen the do-luck kit at a reasonable price too
I've not got round to fitting them yet :lol: I have a day off next week to get them done, so I'll report back then. Yeah the Do-luck kit was very reasonable and it seems really good quality too.

·
Sponsor
1,644 Posts

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
They are the 4 line kit thats why they are cheaper - Ry I've got 2 sets of the 4 line Do-Lucks left on the shelf £35 per kit if you want one of em :)

What is the difference between 4 and 6 line kits? And can you get back to me re fitting costs of these things!

Thanks,

Dave

·
Sponsor
1,644 Posts
They were just the original kits before people decided that 6 lines were better and changed it..then decided that 6 lines + distribution blocks were better and changed it again lol!! These are still cool to use though :) I'm just gonna PM you now
What is the difference between 4 and 6 line kits? And can you get back to me re fitting costs of these things!

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts