2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Sucks when a dealer doesn't want to know of customer issues...

So far, my FK8 hasn't had the 5>4th issue or any brake squeal issues yet.. Been pretty faultless to date...

Only weird thing was that according to the Honda data link - my brake fluid is low... But I haven't been using the car.. Will check to make sure I don't have a leak anywhere.. :/

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ash sorry to see you sold.
In many ways the fk8 is flawless.
In many ways it isn’t.
I’ve just had a gearbox replaced , and low and behold the very same lock out symptom from 5>4 gear has returned. Much to my frustration. I am in a group chat with other owners who are experiencing the same issues plus more.
So what is Honda going to do now then mate ?
Should of got that M2 after all !

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Might started to squeal a day after the first time i took it out on a spirited run. They've since calmed down again after steady breaking over the following few days.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
i've just got used to it. got to the point that i want brakes that squeal on a performance car.
My current DBA discs/PBS pads combo dont squeal anywhere near as bad as the OEM discs & OE pads/HC800's.
could be lack of proper use yet or just the added mass of the DBA's changing the vibration frequency/tendency.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its so loud it wakes my 2 year old daughter in the car
Pretty embarrassing when people are looking at the car cause of the noise.
I've had 3 cars with BBKs, none sounded like this.
I've gone with Range Rover
brake squeal is caused by oscillation between disc and pad, certain pads are prone to it usually the hard ones but should be able to clear with a compound between the pad and piston as it absorbs the vibration, depending who you talk to copper grease or copperslip should do the trick

years ago they used a plate between the pad and piston which you also put a smear of coppaslip onto then assembled, if neither work it can only be the make of pad as the compounds are different between makers

tourer63

21 - 26 of 26 Posts