2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just heard a metallic noise from the front, drivers side. I think it is the pads worn but reayll have no idea. The noise sounds like a metallic ringing noise. It is like a spring hitting the under neath of the car if that makes sense. I stopped the car and the caliper and disc is warm but not really hot.

A friend tells me that the pads have a wear indicator that is a small lip on the backing plate of the pad which makes the noise when the pads are low and this is what is making the noise. It is dark and I cannot take a proper look at the moment.

Any ideas anyone?

Robin

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I have just heard a metallic noise from the front, drivers side. I think it is the pads worn but reayll have no idea. The noise sounds like a metallic ringing noise. It is like a spring hitting the under neath of the car if that makes sense. I stopped the car and the caliper and disc is warm but not really hot.

A friend tells me that the pads have a wear indicator that is a small lip on the backing plate of the pad which makes the noise when the pads are low and this is what is making the noise. It is dark and I cannot take a proper look at the moment.

Any ideas anyone?

Robin
Your mate is correct. I would get your pads checked as soon as you can

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.