2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just had my rear disks and pads replaced, inititally all ok but when they heat up a bit (after around 20mins) I get this awful squeal (it stops when I brake). It's a lot worse at low speeds and in line with motion of the wheel.

Taken it back to garage who cleaned up and copper greased where necessary but still exactly the same

I've heard Pads can stick to calipers if not greased properly (along with shims) and/or pistons won't engage properly, I really want to get this sorted and may attempt stripping them down myself (total novice), anyone else had similar isses with brakes?

Honda said any aftermarket brakes are very problematic and only use Honda in future LOL

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
141 Posts
initially to me it sounds like the caliper guides sticking., they either dry out and dont return properly or if the boot goes and the slide pin rusts.
could simply be a poorly adjusted handbrake

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, thought it might be either slide pin or caliper guides in need of some filing..

I don't know what pads/disc they are but i don't think original Hondas, the pads definitely aren't - some generic nme can't remember will take a look..

Haven't painted the calipers yet but keen to do this and would like to sort out pads/disc myself (I've paid a garage to do this already and think it's only fair for them to fix their shoddy work!) If not I want a refund on labour! as I'll need to take it to Honda to fix for £110 (investigate, clean and repl pads with original Hondas)... I don't blame the garage entirely been using them for over 10 yrs no issues, I think Honda brakes are a bit of a nightmare to work on!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone's in the Ipswich area I'll be willing to pay them to take a look?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts