2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi hope somebody can shed some light on this.
after cleaning the car today i had a quick look at my rear pads,and they look like they are aligned wrong,they dont sit square on the disk ,as they raise up at the edge.
also the pads dont sit within the disc diameter,they overlap the outside edge which is causing the pad to wear over the top of the disk. is this all normal or a trip to the dealer
i hope the pics show it better than my description
cheers in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Nicolas, what you have photographed is part of the caliper, not the pad. Look about 15mm below that.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Nicolas, what you have photographed is part of the caliper, not the pad. Look about 15mm below that.
:confused: But you can see the pads in the calipers! and yes nic they do look wrong, are both sides the same, front and back? Definately a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:confused: But you can see the pads in the calipers! and yes nic they do look wrong, are both sides the same, front and back? Definately a trip to the dealer.
yeah i thought i could see the pad on the pic,but as previous post the bit that i thought was the pad is part of the calliper,(havent looked since just referring to previous post) see pic again

so which bit is the pad you mention which looks wrong?
ive only inspected rear and both sides look the same,one of the first 3 pics is one side and 2 are other
thanks for your reply
appreciated

Attachments

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Sorry, I was too hasty answering, you can't see the pads but by the look of the gap esp first photo they are well worn, again sorry:oops:

·
Registered
712 Posts
How many miles have you done? The pads have a chamfer at each end so donot sit flush across their whole face unitl they have worn down a fair bit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How many miles have you done? The pads have a chamfer at each end so donot sit flush across their whole face unitl they have worn down a fair bit.
as bluetooth says they look worn,which they do to me as the bits i mention look very close to the discs(rust from discs on the calliper edge) even tho i only drove the car 30 mins before

ive done 13,800 miles so far,not good i presume:p

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also if the disc has a chamfer at each edge,and my housings are near the disc i presume the chamfer has gone?
the civic was in for a clutch problem a few weeks ago(couldnt select 3rd)and they changed the flywheel,and said any more probs we will change the selectors, but they never mentioned depths of pads or any other problems(the service manager is my dads freind),which doesnt count for anything i know as he didnt work on the car hiself:rolleyes:

·
Banned
365 Posts
the civic was in for a clutch problem a few weeks ago(couldnt select 3rd)and they changed the flywheel,and said any more probs we will change the selectors, but they never mentioned depths of pads or any other problems(the service manager is my dads freind),which doesnt count for anything i know as he didnt work on the car hiself:rolleyes:
If they're changing the clutch they're not gona check the rear pads! :lol: :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts