2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Type R Nut
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Please may i ask if someone could advise me on a few things?

I am looking to change my front pads and discs for my Civic Type R.

Obviously, the choice for the pads will be Ferodo DS2500

My main questions are:

Are the Ferodo's good for normal, everyday driving, with the odd 'ragging' the car around?

Which discs shall i buy? Can i use OEM Honda Brake Discs with the Ferodo's with good effect?

Thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I really can't reccomend the ds2500 and brembo front plain disc combo enough, bomb proof:D

If you afford the extra outlay get some hoses and motul fluid in there too

·
Type R Nut
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes and yes buddy :D

sent from my phone
Thanks for the reply.

I was severly under the impression that the Ferodo's are only good for track racing, but i do not do any track racing currently.

I need to change my discs and pads soon as they are going sooner rather later.

So the Honda OEM Discs are good? Or are there any other 'recommended' brands that i can use for my car?

Thanks for your help!! :)

·
Type R Nut
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im using oem ctr discs with ds2500 rbf 600 fluid and hel lines excellent cold bite better than oem 2.2 by a long chalk

sent from my phone
Cheers mate.

I am new to this upgrading brake pads and discs process.

What are 'hel lines'? How will they help me in my driving or performance on braking all round?

Do you know what the cost of these are for my Type R?

Cheers buddy :)

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
The Hel lines, or stoptech, do luck, hks etc are made of a stainless mesh over a rubber hose, they don't expand under pressure and give a more solid pedal feel

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts

·
Type R Nut
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Only on the front, same with Pads pal, when you are buying your DS2500s check out the EP3 fitment, they are usually a few quid cheaper even though they are the same part number lol

This is where i got mine

http://www.asptrading.co.uk/acatalog/FERODO_CAR_BRAKES.html

FCP1444H is what you need up front

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
How easy is it to change the 6 lines yourself? Got to do these before any kind of performance enhancements so guessing I need:

CTR calipers & Brembo/CTR discs on the front
Ferodo/Bluestuffs
HEL lines

Cheers for the heads up on the EP3 kit... interesting that it's cheaper for the same items!

·
Type R Nut
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Only on the front, same with Pads pal, when you are buying your DS2500s check out the EP3 fitment, they are usually a few quid cheaper even though they are the same part number lol

This is where i got mine

ASP TRADING FERODO CAR BRAKE PADS | ASP Trading UK

FCP1444H is what you need up front
Thanks for your guidance buddy.

I have bought the ones from ASP trading.

I am still in 2 minds over the Discs... :-(

I am guessing the Honda OEM discs do not have that 'grooved' feature like Brembo discs?

So why is it out of curiosity, that Brembo do not specifically market FN2 discs?

·
Type R Nut
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stoney - i have gone for this one?

Brembo Front Vented Brake Disc fits Honda CIVIC VII Hatchback (EU, EP, EV) 2.0 Type-R (P/N# 09.9544.10) PAIR £73.14

Is this right?

Why are these better than standard OEM Discs buddy?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Spot on mate

IMO they are a higher carbon content disc, they are very resilent to heat/ fade and being slightly tougher means you can run a harder pad without damage to the disc.

I have used many different discs over the years and the first thing i done on the FN was swap the discs to brembo:)

Sod knows why they don't market them as FN2 discs.

Syx

If your anyway handy with tools etc its not a big job, I done mine on the side of the street, bit of a balls swapping the distribution blocks, especially nearside rear as its behind the shock but it's do-able for a able handed enthuiast.

One word I would add is that brakes are vital components, if you are unsure of the procedures don't try to learn first time, have a professional with you to show you and help along the way and take over if required.

Especially bleeding procedures.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.