2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the general consensus with regards to brake pads? Mine need replacing shortly and wondering whether to stick with OEM or go for aftermarket such as EBC etc. I don't generally drive fast but that being said if there are improvements to be had for little cost then why not.

Important things for me are initial brake bite and feel and also brake dust. Less dust is obviously preferable albeit I do accept that all pads wear and therefore generate dust.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Whilst I'm not too concerned about dust as I'll wash it off anyway (Actually, I quite like dusty wheels :p ), I would like some more initial bite - It always seems a little mushy until pressure is firmed up on the pedal.

Only is, The 1.4 Doesn't have much of an offering in the way of aftermarket pads, and for those that do, There seems to be two different sizes listed.

That said, There are plenty for the rear disc as it's the same on the CTR :laugh:

Found some offerings on EBC Direct:

But they list a seperate 1.4 and 1.4 sport size. Is anyone aware of a difference because I've never seen it mentioned in any of the specifications.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
I'd give EBC a call, they'll ask for your reg and what pads fit don't fit...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts