2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a recurring odd problem with my pedals.... Bear with me here;

Sometimes when going for the brake it sticks under my foot and actually moves the clutch pedal slightly at the same time, then it frees up and the clutch pedal 'pops' back up. It's only a small movement, maybe a cm or so travel but its really annoying!
I tend to hover over the clutch as I brake or when driving slowly so I always notice it. I also notice a similar problem very occasionally with the accelerator pedal interfering with the brake.

Does this sound like a hydraulic problem with the master/slave? Or something more mechanical? I've not had the console front off yet, wanted to know what to look for first!

Any help appreciated guys, thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
doubt its the master cylinder, either something is trapped or one of the springs in the pedal box isnt set properly etc.

The 2 pedals operate 2 different things, Ie the clutch has no effect on the brake MC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's definitely not the mat. It does feel like something physical catching across the pedals but had a look underneath and there's nothing obvious.

Maybe I just need to take the console off and see what's what? Just wondered if it was a common issue like the sticky clutch! :rolleyes:

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way Dan - I'm really only trying to be helpful and not facetious, but - what size feet do you have?

Since I notice you say you get the problem between the accelerator and the brake occasionally, too...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lmao! :D

I actually thought the same thing for about 2 weeks initially!
And I'm pretty tall so I have pretty big feet.... But no, it's not that at all.

It's almost like the pedals are pivoting off of the same bar, only they stick every now and then, taking one of the other pedals with them until it loosens off and pops back up. I know that's not what's actually happening but that's the best way I can describe it.

Didn't have time to get under the dash this weekend, now the weathers turned wet! Meh.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Ive currently started experiencing exactly the same though I also get the squeaky clutch pedal as well. Did you managed to get this sorted and what was causing it as def not the carpet or my feet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts