2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in today to ask about Hnodas prices fro fitting my new pads, first of all I got told 83 pounds for front and the same for back, I then asked again, for just fitting (seeing as I had 2 boxes of pads in my hands, why did they think I wanted the pads as well?)...

Anyways

Pads and fitting: 83 X 2 = 166 pounds
Just fitting: 187 pounds!!!!!
That means it would cost me 290 pounds to fit cheaper better pads than Honda!!!!!!!!!!

How does it work out more expensive.... I'll definately go elsewhere, and Honda will only be getting my car for servicing, it's gouging like this that give main dealers a bad name....

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definately, considering Honda are supposed to be competitive....

Tom

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
What a joke mate, I'm not even gonna let Honda service mine, I don't trust them.

Change them yourself I guess.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll find somewhere, but if places can do it for 50 quid, then 187 seems a little excessive.....

Tom

·
Registered
716 Posts
I got new rear pads supplied and fitted 2 weeks ago. Don't know what brand but a lot quieter and no black dust.

£47.00 fitted at Hi-Q.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I had my car serviced the other day at Avonvale Honda in Northampton. Anyway front & rear pads required replacing - £83 for the lot (parts and labour) plus two new Dunlop front tyres including fitting was £105, I was well impressed.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you lot who got them done cheaply get them done at local garages or Brakes places (HiQ, Tyre Pros etc. etc.)? I'm getting quotes of 80-100 quid just for fitment.... sod that I'd rather crash....

Tom

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
they need to stop..... lol

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well my father says 40 quid should be nearer the mark to fit them, he almost choked when I mentioned Hondas fitting......

He says just find a garage and get them done as they are safety thing, still don't want to get reamed on the price though....

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope, don't touch brakes...... although at the prices quoted so far, I'm tempted to.

HiQ: 100
F1: 79
Honda: 187

Tom

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
That is a shocker, isn't it :shock: Nothing like making money from parts, is there?

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just gone out and found with a short drive, several smaller car places (a few with second hand car sales attached), that do servicing etc. one looks to be quite promising, worth a call I think.

Thanks guys,
Tom

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
i guess they are charging an hours labour for the front and an hours labour for the back. are you sure you dont touch brakes? there is a pretty good how too on this site. its only a couple of bolts..............

1 - 20 of 36 Posts