2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
23rd of March: Tegiwa said at CTRO that their brake stopper prototype was nearly ready.
I hope that they are going sell it very soon.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Not yet. Ive had the second prototype sitting here for over a month but have been very busy and havent had time to intall.

I'll try and get it done this week

Thanks
Johnny

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
"Under heavy braking, the bulkhead by the brake master cylinder flexes, resulting in an almost spongy pedal feel. The stopper bolts to the bulkhead and brake cylinder itself, dramatically reducing this flex. This in turn leads to a significantly improved brake feel, not just on track but on the road too. An extremely cost effective and underrated modification. For ultimate results, use in conjunction with braided hoses and high quality fluid."

I've driven a DC2 and a CRX both before and after the brake stoppers were fitted and as stated in the blurb the feel from the brake pedal on each car was definitely improved.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Any joy on the brake stopper, this is needed desperately.

This would be a very popular item.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Saying that it'd probably improve my brakes from " kissing the wheel" to "headbutting it"

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Saying that it'd probably improve my brakes from " kissing the wheel" to "headbutting it"
Just give you a better pedal feel and stop the amount of travel you get under braking, so you wont have to press the pedal as far to stop. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 99 Posts