2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have had vtec at 3700 rpm for a couple of days I have realised that the brakes are a bit on the weak side. I did notice this coming from Rx8 to FN2 but the extra grit as now highlighted it more.

I don't want to go down the lines of a big brake kit due to cost otherwise I'd get Stoptechs.

What are the other options in your opinions. Was thinking of HKS lines with different pads. Is the differences worth it?

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
I've upgraded lines pads discs and fluid. Huge improvement over stock will give so much more stopping power but nothing like a stop tech kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've upgraded lines pads discs and fluid. Huge improvement over stock will give so much more stopping power but nothing like a stop tech kit.

I'd love the Stoptechs just can't afford them ! Just wanted something in between the two.

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
Well do the pads lines fluid and I'd recommend grooved discs too. Works pretty good for me matey.

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Stoptech do a Powerslot 348mm big disc Disc upgrade for £355 From Abp. It uses stock caliper but spaces them out to fit the larger disc, Add to that feredo 2500 pads and thatshould do the trick. :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking to use the stock discs till they had to be replaced. Would I still feel the difference just with pads, lines and fluid?

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
I was looking to use the stock discs till they had to be replaced. Would I still feel the difference just with pads, lines and fluid?
Oh yes. I've still got OEM discs and my brakes are fantastic compared to stock. Just got DS2500s, Stoptech Lines and RBF600. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yes. I've still got OEM discs and my brakes are fantastic compared to stock. Just got DS2500s, Stoptech Lines and RBF600. :cool:
That's more like I had in mind Loxy. Did you do it yourself or get TDI or someone to do it?

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I have the 350mm powerslots, EBC reds and standard lines. Breaking is improved a lot although I'd still kinda like to get some new lines too.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
If your on a budget you cant beat upgraded pads and the lines are cheap enough (less than £100) For me, my standard discs had warped and I believe its a bit of a common problem so I've got Dixcel Heat Treated Rotors which are excellent.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Stoptech do a Powerslot 348mm big disc Disc upgrade for £355 From Abp. It uses stock caliper but spaces them out to fit the larger disc, Add to that feredo 2500 pads and thatshould do the trick. :popcorn:
I have this on mine with goodridge hose and red stuff pads front and rear.

Driving fast is about confidence and this kit, is 100% improvement on stock, and you'll brake a lot later.

Regards

RDG

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers guys. Emailed TDI North. Going to get HKS lines, Ferodo DS2500 front and rear plus upgraded fluid. Should do the trick.

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Cheers guys. Emailed TDI North. Going to get HKS lines, Ferodo DS2500 front and rear plus upgraded fluid. Should do the trick.
Excellent, good choices! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Going to do a review when I've had them done but won't be for a few months as my last trip to TDI wiped me out.

Thanks to all for the advice.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can anyone with the ds2500 tell me what the dust level is like. Cleaning alloys is a pet hate of mine.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Going to do a review when I've had them done but won't be for a few months as my last trip to TDI wiped me out.

Thanks to all for the advice.
Yeah they are good at that! But it's always worth it!!!

·
Premium Member
20,382 Posts
Can anyone with the ds2500 tell me what the dust level is like. Cleaning alloys is a pet hate of mine.
Not good mate! Ive got white wheels which is even worse! The rear greenstuff rears give off far less but are nowhere near as good

1 - 20 of 21 Posts