2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Secured my ATR upgrade kit (front caliper, carrier, discs & pads) and some upgraded rear discs and pads. How much to fit the lot with a motul brake fluid and a reasonable priced braided brake line system? Looking to get fitted in approx 3 weeks as need time to get the calipers re-painted.

Thanks,
Gaz

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi Gaz, how did you get on on Saturday? I would have liked to of heard the Martelius in person, i hope you're a fan.

Anyway, it sounds like you've got some good plans for the derv. You've got the bigger Accord brakes i take it?

Labour wise, you'd be looking at £275.00. But that is for sorting everything; Front calipers, carriers, discs and pads. Rear discs and pads, hoses all round and bleeding the system with your choice of fluid.

I keep the Goodridge 6 line braided hose kits on the shelf @ £175.00 inc VAT. We'd need to make sure the banjo fittings for the front calipers are the same on both the Accord calipers and your originals, but i'm pretty sure they. The Motul brake fluid is th RBF600 and is top stuff with a higher boiling point than normal DOT4. This is £33.00 for 1ltr.

So a total cost, if you're supplying the brakes is £483.00 inc all labour and VAT.

Let me know what you think, and what you fancy doing. I've knocked an hour or so off the usual fitting price of the braided lines because we're doing front calipers and things. If you only want to do certain bits, that's no problem either.

Hope you're well,

Rich

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rich, exhaust does sound spot on. Very subtle under idle but does sound fantastic (for a diesel) at 2500 - 4000 rpm. Revs much more fluidly and has a real deep rumble to it. Tried to take an audio recording on my phone but microphone doesn't pic up the range properly. Only problem is the soot deposit on the rear triangle (stands out like a sore thumb with the other one being shiny) but worth living with just for slight performance increase. FRS was definitely worth the money!!

Brake kit is being delivered with me Saturday so will make sure everything is as expected. Might have to get it done in a few stages as quite a bit out of budget at the mo. Might look at getting them fitted and then save a few pennies up for the braided hoses and motul fluid.

Will be in touch next week,
Gaz

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Nice Gaz, I'm glad you're happy with everything.

I know what you mean, and it is alot to do all at once. I have shaved off as much labour time as possible but the 6 piece braided line kit is a bit of a job to fit and so that's where most of thhe labour is.

Let me know what you fancy doing, either way.

All the best,

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts