2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
looking at getting some bigger and better brakes fitted before cadwell track day, what sort of things can you offer? Looking around £1k, would also want to go for a custom map on top of that

FN2 by the way

Oll

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Tbh I'd rather spend the money on brakes than brakes and a map as with just a cat back gains would be small.

Definitely look at Ksports and you will need spacers too

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got spacers but not got them fitted as I have the Hyperzero 1's on now, so not sure if any BBK's will fit behind them. Might have to go back to standard rims in which case I can out the money towards the brakes

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Ksports would be worth a look but seen couple of kits last 2 weeks that don't fit quite square to the discs so would need shimming. They were direct fitment and ran fine but something odd going on with we suspect the brackets. No biggie if you have shims to set them correctly though as always used to have to do that on the EP3 kits.

I'd recomend the Stoptechs though but they are a bit more expensive but if on a budget you won't go wrong with the KSports ;)

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys what are your prices on both those kits fitted? Would also need decent pads for track use. I already have braided lines fitted to the car

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Id say go with K sport or get a set of brembo refurb with decent lines, discs, pads and fluid

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
Upgrade the OEM KSport pads to Yellow Stuff or DS2500 when ordering.

Also worth pointing out (even though it may seem obv) replacement parts are higher. Just replaced my D2 (Same as KSport) pads, discs and some bolt sleeves and that was just shy of £500.

Spank

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had yellow stuff on the standard setup are the DS2500 that much better? I'd like D2 (I know same as ksport) but seem more JDM lol where did you get them from?

·
2,046 Posts
Bought them off someone on here.

I've only tried the DS2500 on the oem caliper but was personally very impressed. Only tried the OEM and Yellow Stuff on the D2's. Yellows are far superior, but at the moment im getting a squeal. Going to file the edges and grease them up to see if that helps.

Pads Prices are (approx):
Yellow - £130
DS2500 - £250

Leepie runs the DS2500 on his KSPORTS (also tracks it) so could advise.

Spank

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't fit EBC stuff on my pushbike let alone a performance car.
So DS2500's then?? What's TDI's prices on the different BBK's? Fully fitted?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
We had a couple of circuit cars actually sponsered by EBC. If they could they would have used other brands but as they were getting free discs and pads every round and they needed them as discs were cracking.... and on the rears but it didn't matter as they were free.

Been running Ferodo for years with no issues. DBA and Stoptech disks.
We run DS2500 for road and DS3000 for racing/trackdays but they are more aggressive. Sort of sparks off the discs kind of aggressive. :lol:

·
2,046 Posts
We had a couple of circuit cars actually sponsered by EBC. If they could they would have used other brands but as they were getting free discs and pads every round and they needed them as discs were cracking.... and on the rears but it didn't matter as they were free.
Did he have any issues with the EBC pads though? Or were the discs cracking due to the pads?

Spank

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
You need to research who disc manufacturers carry out testing with to know what pads should be used with them.
Most companies tend to use Ferodo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts