2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one had this done
Home | Back

Vehicle DetailsReference :R/2008/124Manufacturer Ref : Make:HONDAModel :Civic 3 & 5 doorLaunch Date :17/09/2008Numbers Involved :157Build Start Date :04/06/2008Build End Date : 17/06/2008 Recall DetailsConcern :EXCESSIVE TRAVEL OF PARKING BRAKE LEVER. PARKING BRAKE PERFORMANCE AFFECTED Description :parking brake assy; guide plates may separate allowing parking brake cable to move within the guide plates resulting in excess travel at lever and incorrect tension in cables. Remedial Action :Recall affected vehicles and replace parking brake lever assembly. Vehicle Id :Other Vehicles Affected (Click the vehicle to perform an extended search)
About Recalls | Search Help | Code of Practice | Terms and conditions | [email protected]

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Already the new models have a fault, and it's one that should have been corrected on the 2007 model............ how funny :) :rolleyes:

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Doesn't it say build start date???

Build Start Date :04/06/2008Build End Date : 17/06/2008

Which would mean it's for the new models???

Tom

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Thats what I was thinking.................. which is why I found it 'amusing'.......... good old Honda, no wonder they wanted the old hand-brakes back, they've put them in the 09' models.......

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Really? I thought this was the newer model?

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
My car was built around that time.
Wheelie - you can see when the car was built from the chassis number - I got my car around the same time as you (May - June 2008) my car is an 07

Don't know why I got a smiley - is should be 2008

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Mine was built in 08, I had to wait 13 weeks for it to be built. (And rattles inserted!)
Yea! without putting in those rattles you may have had in in 10

Did you have yours specially built or did they just modify an existing car?

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
I can't believe that even a vast multinational would have such contempt for its customers.

Surely that isn't the newer model.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The majority of the 08YM models affected with this issue were reworked, but unfortunately a number of vehicles were dispatched before the fault was identified. This issue is more likely to result in the parking brake lever sticking in the hold position rather than the lever releasing itself once set as with the 06YM & 07YM models.

I don't believe any 09YM models have any such 'issues'.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Had a letter from Honda come through the post the other day regarding the handbrake recall, had the same letter sent to me in September last year too.

Strange thing is I had this recall done to my car at the beginning of last year :confused:

Don't Honda UK update their records to what cars have been modified? It would save them a fortune in stamps!

·
Registered
37 Posts
After a dealership has carried out any warranty work on a vehicle, they have to enter the details of the claim and vehicle onto Honda's online warranty system. This basically includes the work that has been carried out, the parts that have been replaced, the repair date and vehicle mileage.

Once this is done with regards to a recall or PUD, the recall/PUD flag automatically gets removed from the system.

The most likely cause for duplicate communication would be that the dealership that replaced your parking brake lever, never submitted a warranty claim to Honda, so there system still says your recall is outstanding.

·
Registered
140 Posts
After a dealership has carried out any warranty work on a vehicle, they have to enter the details of the claim and vehicle onto Honda's online warranty system. This basically includes the work that has been carried out, the parts that have been replaced, the repair date and vehicle mileage.

Once this is done with regards to a recall or PUD, the recall/PUD flag automatically gets removed from the system.

The most likely cause for duplicate communication would be that the dealership that replaced your parking brake lever, never submitted a warranty claim to Honda, so there system still says your recall is outstanding.
Thanks 118, I better have a word with my Dealership then!

·
Registered
53 Posts

Do you work for a Honda dealer?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you work for a Honda dealer?
No, I don't work within the dealer network. My area is a little further up the chain. ;)

Before anyone thinks it, I'm not a spy of any sorts, just someone with a valid interest in the quality of the product. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts