2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want a straight answer from the wealth of knowledge on here:popcorn: im looking at up grading my 2010 type-r brakes from oem, reading on here and elsewhere Stoptech grooved discs and Ferodo ds2500 pads seem to be the way to go will this massivley better my braking and is this a good combination lads im willing to spend up to about £600?

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Just want a straight answer from the wealth of knowledge on here:popcorn: im looking at up grading my 2010 type-r brakes from oem, reading on here and elsewhere Stoptech grooved discs and Ferodo ds2500 pads seem to be the way to go will this massivley better my braking and is this a good combination lads im willing to spend up to about £600?
id add new brake lines and a fluid change also

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
They wont stop you massively quicker but will feel much better and wont fade as fast

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
personally if you have £600 i'd try find some integra dc5 brembos on ebay. they take 330mm discs if i remember rightly. should have some change left over as well

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
personally if you have £600 i'd try find some integra dc5 brembos on ebay. they take 330mm discs if i remember rightly. should have some change left over as well
Its a Civic Type -r ive got mate.Ive seen disc and pad sets by mtec on ebay but i think you get what you pay for or are they any good:confused:

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Its a Civic Type -r ive got mate.Ive seen disc and pad sets by mtec on ebay but i think you get what you pay for or are they any good:confused:
It all depends matey on the type of driving you do. If you are always on off throttle and brake hard then ferodo pads are good. I have a type r and I currently have mtec discs and i can say they are quite good so far. Just grooved though. I have red stuff pads as well and whilst some won't like red stuff i do. I do some spirited driving occasionally and they stop me well.

The integra dc5 brembo calipers will fit the FN2 type r which you have. With the s2000 discs which you will need and some spacers for the alloys. They will stop you better than an upgrade of discs and pads on normal brakes. If you can find some within your price

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think i need spacers for stoptechs,i have 19" rages do i need them for EBC�s Turbo Groove Brake Discs and are these any good cant make my mind up dont want spacers though just a straight swap will fit myself. any answers or more advise welcome guys:confused:

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Any OEM set up wont need spacers. So FN2 discs and pads will fit straight on. I wouldn't reccomend Turbo groove though.

Hit up ABP and look into stoptechs, even the plain ones are epic

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I am in a similar situation - I need to replace mine, so looking for a bit of an upgrade, nothing too major though. From what I've read/seen so far, I am thinking EBC yellow stuff pads, but can't decide between the EBC Ultimax Sport Slotted, or Stoptech SportStop. Any thoughts?

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
My Mtec discs are doing me proud. They've stood up to some heavy use. But consider them as very good budget fast-road discs.

EBC discs are awful and greenstuff pads are worse.

Stoptech's are the mutts nuts but are priced accordingly.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
My Mtec discs are doing me proud. They've stood up to some heavy use. But consider them as very good budget fast-road discs.

EBC discs are awful and greenstuff pads are worse.

Stoptech's are the mutts nuts but are priced accordingly.
i am also going mtec disc, yellow stuff, braided lines & good brake fluid after hours of reading though civinfo :cool:

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Mtec discs are cheap steel not a bad price but id keep oem over them, I have stoptech grooved, ds500 pads and hel lines, if you eant real stopping power you need 4 pots but unless your car is highly modded theres no point

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
VTEC like a BOSS
64 Posts
Only thing I've changed is the pads (oem to DS2500) and the difference is like night and day. After 20 miles of punishment across the moors earlier I had no fade at all, and they still bite hard from cold. IMO it doesn't matter what else you change, as long as you change the pads :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts