2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my 25000 service CTDI and recieved a report on rear brakes in need of skimming due to corrosion. Seems unusual after 1 year and high mileage:confused:

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Just had my 25000 service CTDI and recieved a report on rear brakes in need of skimming due to corrosion. Seems unusual after 1 year and high mileage:confused:
Yes Very unusual, this type of piece used to be changed roughly between 50 000 to 70 000 depending your way of driving.

Surface Corrosion is usual on GS Brake disk and not dangerous. If the structure show a problem, it must be taken under garanty.

·
Registered
86 Posts
yeah this does seem odd.

I get a fine rust build up on my brakes recently, travel 3+ hours a day in my car, but would say its normal and in no need of any work. Wonder if garage saw something similar and thought the worst.

Another thought, less pressure is put on rear brakes than front, to stop locking up of rear. might be that the balance between front and rear is very wrong - just a crazy thought, that i haven't really thought through, so don't take me up on it!!!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
The rear brakes do much less than the front - I wonder if when driven by someone who is always very light on the brakes then the rears do nearly nothing. Might be worth going out and giving the brakes a really good work out...

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Hi vivienne i have a problem with my rear discs corrosion and surface cracks dealer had a look and said to run it for another month or so
i had 750 miles on the clock when i noticed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts