2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as stated, somehow the left rear brake has started squeeling when turning left. and sometimes its squeels really light when going normal even when at 50MP/h
not all the time though.

but when i park and compare the temperature of the rims and air and brakes round the car the squeeler is WAY hotter then the other ones, the stealer told me a few weeks ago that they are getting low, but is this the thing that should happen when they are worn? braking power is normal and no weird sounds occur.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
as stated, somehow the left rear brake has started squeeling when turning left. and sometimes its squeels really light when going normal even when at 50MP/h
not all the time though.

but when i park and compare the temperature of the rims and air and brakes round the car the squeeler is WAY hotter then the other ones, the stealer told me a few weeks ago that they are getting low, but is this the thing that should happen when they are worn? braking power is normal and no weird sounds occur.
Mine are the same back left but mainly After it's been driven hard. I was thinking about an all round disk and pad change / upgrade at the same time so I would be interested in bearing other peoples opinions on this issue??

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine are the same back left but mainly After it's been driven hard. I was thinking about an all round disk and pad change / upgrade at the same time so I would be interested in bearing other peoples opinions on this issue??
so am i, changing everything to EBC Groove turbo but not certain about the pads, come on guys! hit me with all ya got!
Pads for a 2.2 ICTDI FK3 with 428NM or 315lb/ft

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
so am i, changing everything to EBC Groove turbo but not certain about the pads, come on guys! hit me with all ya got!
Pads for a 2.2 ICTDI FK3 with 428NM or 315lb/ft
I'd say YellowStuff or DS2500's.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I had the same problem. Sometimes there was no noise and heat then other times (less than 1 in 5 occassions) the noise was penetrating and the radiated heat meant you couldn't go near the wheel at all!

For the first time in my life I removed the caliper - had real trouble removing the pads - cleaned up the guides (caked with brake dust) and filed the edges of the pads that run in the guides. The pads had plenty of life left but inner had hardly worn at all. Suspect that the caliper was sticking. Has been fine in the last week.

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive just returned from my workaround, what i did was:
take the wheel off, and hammer the caliper, in my case a lot of dirt and brakedust clumps come down, then i cleaned it with a strong wheelcleaner with a very agressive formula against brake dust.
then put everthing back and made a testdrive, braking seems to go a bit smoother and the squeeking is gone, i did however notice that i had only 3-4 mm of brakingpad left on that side

1 - 7 of 7 Posts