2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing my brakes tomorrow pads & discs, however the most important question is which way round are the discs going?
I have MTEC grooved+drilled to fit, but I'm a bit confused which side is which.

I had it in my head that the below is correct, but when searching I have seen it done both ways :worms:- what do you guys think?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Doing my brakes tomorrow pads & discs, however the most important question is which way round are the discs going?
I have MTEC grooved+drilled to fit, but I'm a bit confused which side is which.

I had it in my head that the below is correct, but when searching I have seen it done both ways :worms:- what do you guys think?

I haven't fitted those specific discs, but discs dont have a certain side to be put on, i can't see how it would need be on a certain side? Aslong as the two phillps screws line up that hold the disc on should be fine

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
That is the wrong way *source* mine was fitted yesterday. Well that's what I was told. Mine had a diagram inside the box showing the opposite way

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
the groove pattern would be the same even if you put them on the opposite sides, as long as the groves are spinning the same direction

·
Registered
103 Posts
I haven't fitted those specific discs, but discs dont have a certain side to be put on, i can't see how it would need be on a certain side? Aslong as the two phillps screws line up that hold the disc on should be fine

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
im with the others who say the image is opposite to how mine are fitted
the holes yes id say firt with the leading edge holes starting from bottom upwards but then the grooves dont really look right
im sure mine are mtec but look different design to the ones in picture
think mine are more like the photo with the wheels on ie straight rather than curved grooves
you could always email mtec see whet they say

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts

normal solid faced discs can go either way but grooved discs should have the leading edge of the groove starting from the bottom to allow any debri/heat thrown towards the outside of the disc and away from the discs rather than from the outside inwards where it would be trapped and build up on the centre of the discs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts