2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys got back from Kings Langley and noticed that there was a burning type smell coming from the osr :( I reckon its the brakes but has anyone had this like? the pads do look like they are goin tho :(

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Always get a slight rubbery burning smell from the rear when I have been driving a bit enthusiastic is this what you mean as its a common thing..

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
only from the drivers side tho?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okies..so would this be a warranty fix thing?

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
okies..so would this be a warranty fix thing?
Good luck getting the dealers to cough up the previous owner of me wife's Fiat had a seized rear caliper that wasn't covered under warranty, receipt showed a total of £495 to replace! But this is Fiat......

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hm..cools thanks guys..will check with them when I book it in..but tomorrow gonna get our College department to look at it to confirm..

whoa 2 fellow northerners ere like..will need to sort something out when I'm next back up Norf :)

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
This exact same thing happened to me not so long ago, on the way to the Silverstone meet as it happens! Rear caliper stuck, had the breakdown guy out who took it off, fiddled about it with a bit, and said it was fine. Hasn't happened since.

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
*lol* alreet alreet guys!
I know I havent been back up Norf since March..but just been too busy with work and stuff..will be back hopefully soons like ;)

Cheers JB..will hopefuly get this looked at soons..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts