2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes have been squealing for some time once they have warmed up.Just took it to Kwik Fit for a free brake check.First problem even though the car is standard height it wouldn't fit on the ramp,they didn't even attempt to,the splitter met the ramp well before the wheels did.So need to find somewhere with a dropped ramp.My car has drilled and grooved discs and the guy at Kwik Fit discovered that my brake discs are on the wrong way,for example the passenger side ones should be on the drivers side.So rather than pulling in cold air and distributing hot air they're doing the opposite hence why they only squeak after they get warm.I bought the car as it is unfortunately but the guy at Kwik Fit said the brakes look almost new and the brake pads are hench so some good news I suppose,just need to find a place with a low ramp and get them sorted.The person that fitted these must of been such an amateur.With the MOT coming up to I doubt I can take the car to the place I usually go,it won't get on the ramp :(

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Get a picture up of the brake disc buddy and let us see if the guy is right.

Kwik fit are cowboys and am surprised they ever noticed that.

Whats up with a bit off wood to take away the angle onto the ramp? Thats what every other garage would do.

I would take tha pads out mate and give them a good clean up both the lining and the metal edges followed by a bit off copper slip. Make sure the slides are free aswell.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I had the same problem with my EBC discs, they were on the wrong side. I discovered this after only 700 kms and they were swapped then. But i've always had problems with them. In the end even so bad i just removed them and returned to stock set-up. I dont know if it had anything to do with being on wrong in the beginning but i suggest you make sure its a good idea to swap them just like that. If the squeal is the only issue, you could perhaps leave it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Purdie boy unfortunately I'm no good at any of that but ill try and get a photo uploaded when its not dark but I will try and get a couple of opinions,I only went to Kwik Fit for convenience but ill take it to my usual garage tomorrow

And @Woette that's my concern to,I've owned the car since February and done about 4000 miles on them myself so ill see whether its worth having it done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts