2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Need to replace the disks and pads on the car, I'll be doing both the front and back.

Does anyone have any recommendations ? There are a load on ebay like this but I'm really not sure if i'd gain anything or not.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
The pads are EBC but no mention of the disc manufacturer.

Instead I'd buy a known quality manufacturer of pads AND disc.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
I'll take Spirited Driving please :)
I would recommend Brembo Ep3 discs (front) and EBC Redstuff padstuff pads... and for the rear just get some cheap pagid discs and some ebc redstuff pads again... Perfect setup for fast road use and also for day to day :)

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
I would recommend Brembo Ep3 discs (front) and EBC Redstuff padstuff pads... and for the rear just get some cheap pagid discs and some ebc redstuff pads again... Perfect setup for fast road use and also for day to day :)
companys have got wise now to the whole front EP3 discs the same as FN2 as they are both now all the same price youll find, so just get the fn2 no need to confuse peeps anymore with this :p

brembo or mtec discs, ferodo ds2500 pads, all round, best setup .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh ok, so the FN2 disks are the same as the EP3 ?

If so i didn't know that

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

If so i didn't know that
Same calipers (FN2 just say "Type R" on them) and pads too!

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts

If so i didn't know that
fronts only!! , this used to be good because you would find dealers selling ep3 a lot cheaper then FN2 yet they where the same. as i prev said they are all wise now to this so youll find all priced the same so buying ep3 front discs/pads really isnt an advantage anymore.;)

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I will be fitting redstuff pads with ebc discs on the rear at somepoint this week and i have a set of brembo discs waiting to go on the front, these will be match prob with yellowstuff when the pads are needing replacement. will let you now how they are.

The pads were £45 off ebay and the discs £46 so pretty cheap for hopefully good performance, better thean the £150+ for oem honda parts anyways

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
For 150GBP+ you can get Japanese top brake pads like ENDLESS MX72 or Project Mu HC+ which outperform DS2500 or EBC, but they cost, that's obvious. DS2500 creates tons of dust. I had lots of problems with them and got rid of them after ~2000km. Their compound is like 10 years old.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Endless and Mu pads are vastly superior to the European pads .

Definitely trying a set after my blues are done

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Do no other models use your caliper Lee. Most models in the same marque have shared parts even if not the same disc size

1 - 19 of 19 Posts