2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite pleased with the braking performance on the civic! Bearing in mind my 1.4 has smaller front discs (And weight), I managed a ~32m 0-70 stop whilst doing some practicing.

Test conditions were ~8deg C, using Yokohama V105 tyres; Myself, spare tyre and light toot in the boot; Human size elf on the back seat (See avatar :p ) - Roads were dry, but fairly cold given the ambient temperatures for the tyres I'm using. The tyres / brakes were warmed up; I took a spirited drive there and I'd just done a test from 60-0, so though I'd give it another go at normal motorway speeds.

I'd certainly encourage anyone to go and have a go; try out emergency braking from high speeds if you haven't already - Even if you've done so in an emergency, it's intresting to see just how hard you can push on the brakes, and how quickly they will get you stopped - It instills faith, and gives a better feel should you need to brake in an emergency.

With that in mind, just today this happened - I'd credit the practicing that I'd been doing the day before with ensuring that I mashed the pedal hard enough for the (stupid) dog to live!

Anywhom, This does show that if you are paying attention to the task at hand, highway code braking distances really are rather redundant, unless you happen to be driving a ford anglia! :p

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I notice the regular civics also have the brake cooling fin things under the body; even after doing the above three times and thrashing around lanes for a little while the brakes were still not 'hot' and braking feel was actually improved with the pads warmed up.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts