2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've just had the clutch replaced under warranty as the existing one had started to slip.

However, after fitting a new one, the garage said it was still slipping. They are having the car back in again to resolve but just wondering what would cause this? The clutch they removed wasn't badly worn either so what else causes clutch slip.

It's a 2007 civic with 76k miles and clutch had also been previously replaced in 2010.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a clutch replacement under warranty so not sure if that includes a dmf. To be honest im not even sure what one of those is other than some kind od flywheel. When it comes to mechanics im in the hands of the garage.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer is really good and looks after me well and have already booked me in to check it. it was the dealer who told me it was still slipping. To me, its a clutch and a cable so other than that im curious why a new clutch would still slip .

Good though that they negotiated another clutch for me from Honda.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Why he tried to push car to the limits right after clutch installed? OK, maybe even than should not be slipping, but bedding must be done....your brakes not hold like normally do, when just installed. Pretty same with clutch material, with organic you dont need much bedding, but right after installing is risky.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.