2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I don't understand why you need to upgrade your brakes if you have not yet used VTEC on your FN2? :confused:

I apologise if this offends you but I just thought it was strange. You should try and find the limits of your FN2 first before upgrading anything [smilie=superkewl.g:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't understand why you need to upgrade your brakes if you have not yet used VTEC on your FN2? :confused:

I apologise if this offends you but I just thought it was strange. You should try and find the limits of your FN2 first before upgrading anything [smilie=superkewl.g:[/quote]

no, u didnt offends me, but i WAS asking, i didnt say i was going to buy it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thats the most awful piece of plastic drivel I've ever seen... I've come from a modding background hitting heights in the late 90's and I had a modded 205mi16... however never would I have stuck crap on it like that... making it look like something it's not... mental.

And as said above, jesus, how many have they sold and how many are still on car and haven't either blown away or cracked or not fitted when they received them and went straight in the bin. Jesus christ....:popcorn2:

Cheers Pug :p

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Thats the most awful piece of plastic drivel I've ever seen... I've come from a modding background hitting heights in the late 90's and I had a modded 205mi16... however never would I have stuck crap on it like that... making it look like something it's not... mental.

And as said above, jesus, how many have they sold and how many are still on car and haven't either blown away or cracked or not fitted when they received them and went straight in the bin. Jesus christ....:popcorn2:

Lol hit a nerve?

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Too right... used to cheese me right off people putting cans on there back of their exhausts... looked rediculous...

so done any mods to ** fn2?

·
Registered
24 Posts
so done any mods to ** fn2?
Well technically it's the wife's car I've bought her so... be nice to slap a super charger on it... just been tidying it up this week really.... new mats... new centre caps for the 19's... cleaning the engine bay. The brake discs will be upgraded as I'm surprised the comparison from this to my Saab Aero 93... the brakes on the Saab are considerably better... so eying up some decent drilled discs....

Cheers Pug :D

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Well technically it's the wife's car I've bought her so... be nice to slap a super charger on it... just been tidying it up this week really.... new mats... new centre caps for the 19's... cleaning the engine bay. The brake discs will be upgraded as I'm surprised the comparison from this to my Saab Aero 93... the brakes on the Saab are considerably better... so eying up some decent drilled discs....

Cheers Pug :D
Drilled brake and crack quicker.. get grooved like "turbogroove" from EBC brakes.

They will do the job.

Drilled are actually designed for track.. the cool easier but brake faster :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Drilled brake and crack quicker.. get grooved like "turbogroove" from EBC brakes.

They will do the job.

is that not what we want ;)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts

They will do the job.

+1

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
is that not what we want ;)

Sorry speaking 2 languages confuses me with my spelling sometimes...

"Brake" Is meant to be "break".

Drilled discs do add slightly better performance due to the better cooling capabilities but they wear,crack and break alot quicker meaning replacement costs go up.

Unless you plan to track the car where you do alot of heavy braking, drilled discs are probably not what you are looking for. The turbogroove discs from EBC have some great reviews on here. Just do a search.

2,111 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

there people out there that might not be able to afford the real thing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
there people out there that might not be able to afford the real thing.
Then don't do it... sorry if it sounds a little harsh, but it's saving the face of the poor person who can't afford it as alot of people will simply take the ****. I had to be patient with my 205... subtle body kit... proper stainless steal exhaust... Mi16 fitted... then 45 carbs etc etc... bit by bit...

I can't afford a Ferrari, therefore I'd not put a Ferrari kit on an MR2 like I seen at Doncaster years ago... cost him £10k to put it on... tbh, it looked pretty good if you're not a super car freak I probably wouldn't of known the difference from the outside I'll be honest... however the give away was the Toyota labelled sunroof that he'd not removed :popcorn2: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Cheers Pug :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts