2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im looking into new brakes as mine are in the need of replacing.
im looking into EBC:
Grooved Turbo front and rear
YellowStuff front and rear

Brembo
for the rear
Rear Brembo Brake Discs HONDA CIVIC VIII Hatch 2.2 CTDi | eBay
and the front
Front Brembo Brake Discs HONDA CIVIC VIII Hatch 2.2 CTD | eBay

pads im not sure about, yellow stuff or Ferodo DS2500's?

has anyone tried those brembo disks? i can find these very easy but not the MAX of HP brakes for the ICTDI.
the front of these are vented but not grooved, the back is neither of them. EBC is. will the Brembo's make it to 900 degrees as EBC is claiming their grooved turbo's to do?

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I have got the same dilemma. The rear original Honda Disks are quite badly corroded, it's being serviced and MOT'd next Wednesday so going to wait and see what they say but not sure whether to get Brembo's or EBC grooved disks if the disk needs replacing.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Is it a good idea though to fit grooved disks on the rear and having standard disks on the front??

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Is it a good idea though to fit grooved disks on the rear and having standard disks on the front??
Realistically grooved discs do nothing they are just for aesthetics.

I went with DBA4000 discs with cosworth pads

Do not get drilled discs

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought that grooved disks could dispose the hot air and gasses better?

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
money is normally not an issue but im not going to spend a zillion euro's on new brakes for replacing pads and disks as im planning on a big brake kit in the future if i can find one. and also im saving for my holiday, im not keen on saving on brakes, thats why i want EBC, good quality and a good price. and its only the rear that needs replacing at the moment, the front is still ok as far as i can see.

nowhere in the service history can i detect any form of brake replacement, which means that my civic is driving for 70.000+ miles with the same brakes on it. so im not surprised they need replacing.
but Brembo is off the table if the cannot handle the heat of the yellowstuffs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts