2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having an idle browse on a well know auction site and come across a pair of brand new Bride 'Vios 3' fixed bucket seats for £575. The advert claims they are 12lbs in weight each and also includes a 'universal' seat rail... I'm thinking this is a pretty huges weight saving?

I'm thinking this sounds very cheap but am I missing something? has anyone bought these or know anyone who has? I always thought Bride seats are very expensive.

I know it would mean not being able to access the rear seats but i'm just thinking it through at this stage really...

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FN2 drivers seat circa 27kg, Passenger 25kg
wow thanks - so these would be a claimed reduction of something close to 40kg? Just sounds too good to be true really!
plus then I would remove the rears..

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
I think you need to find seat rails for the FN2 Ben, Im not sure those universal ones will fit, are they definitely genuine? brides are normally £1000 each and there are A LOT of fakes around :(

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you need to find seat rails for the FN2 Ben, Im not sure those universal ones will fit, are they definitely genuine? brides are normally £1000 each and there are A LOT of fakes around :(
That's what I am fearing dave as I thought they should be far more expensive.. I guess the seller won't admit fakes if I email them...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
That's what I am fearing dave as I thought they should be far more expensive.. I guess the seller won't admit fakes if I email them...

See that's the issue, it's up to you of course, I've seen fake bride seats, tbh they are identical it's really really hard to spot the difference aside from some small quality issues, but for me I'd rather save for the genuine ones or choose something else, but it's your call Ben, only thing I'll say is definitely check the rails as I'm pretty sure universal rails won't fit I think it's a bit of a mare getting rails for the fn2

Thank you for clarity! Probably why there's a difference![smilie=ebil-thumbu:[/quote]

Power to weight is where it's at and yeh it makes a wee difference :)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
almost every bride seat on ebay are fake. They are bride taiwan that is a fake company of the bride japan
It's impossible to buy 2 seats from bride for that price.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies I thought they'd be too good to be true! Think I'll check out seat rails while saving up till I see some genuine ones at the right price!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts