2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have got some bridgestone RE050A and asked my dealer too fit them when my car went in for its service, they said they would do it for £20, so i said ok.

Collected my car and was told they had taken an hour and a half trying to fit the tyres but they would not "pop" onto the rim. they are 225/35/19 and they could get them over the rim but they would not seal and inflate. They also took them down to the local tyre fitter to see if they could do it and no joy. they blamed the side wall bit which sticks out to protect the rim saying it got in the way.

Anyone else had this problem? I was going to take them back until i noticed other people have these tyres on their rages!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
had the same trouble when trying to fit potenza's on 18". i mean honestly. got there in the end though and at no extra cost

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have got some bridgestone RE050A and asked my dealer too fit them when my car went in for its service, they said they would do it for £20, so i said ok.

Collected my car and was told they had taken an hour and a half trying to fit the tyres but they would not "pop" onto the rim. they are 225/35/19 and they could get them over the rim but they would not seal and inflate. They also took them down to the local tyre fitter to see if they could do it and no joy. they blamed the side wall bit which sticks out to protect the rim saying it got in the way.

Anyone else had this problem? I was going to take them back until i noticed other people have these tyres on their rages!!
shouldnt the 19" tyres be 235/35/19 ?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts