2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happened to be in Bristol Honda for a minor body kit repair and they advised me that the clutch master cylinder could be replaced under warranty to cure the pedal squeak (endemic to 8th gen I thought, had it on both mine). It also seems to have almost eradicated the higher pitched squeal on bite point, that is a 'feature' of the TypeR. I think that having a CivicInfo TypeR sticker displayed played a part, because when I'd mentioned pre CivicInfo sticker, they fobbed me off with 'they all do that sir, won't cause any harm'. Bonza

·
Registered
414 Posts
Result! Good news mate. Quite different to my experiences at Bristol Honda - maybe I'll try again now my Civinfo sticker is on the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i brought my fn2 5 months back its an 09 plate, i also have the dreaded squeak. is it changed under manufacturers warranty? if so do i just ask them to do it?

cheers

·
regrets his username
7,983 Posts
It will just keep coming back, I was on my 3rd in 2yrs & the 3rd one I moved dealer and paid for it myself

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i brought my fn2 5 months back its an 09 plate, i also have the dreaded squeak. is it changed under manufacturers warranty? if so do i just ask them to do it?

cheers
Hulkhogan
I believe the work is reclaimed by dealer from Honda UK, rather than paid for by the dealer itself, although Bristol Honda was where I bought it 5 months ago so it made it easier as it had the used car warranty anyway.
I think any Honda Dealer can be approached, but if its the one you purchased it from, it will be an easier conversation.
It has definitely cured both the pedal groan and the squeal at bite point, although from Dweezle's post above (he always looks on the bright side) it may return, let's hope not.
Regards

Reactions: dweezle

·
regrets his username
7,983 Posts
Always prepare yourself for the worse is my motto :lol:
I was told by several it would come back & I shrugged it off, 11 mths the 1st 1 lasted the 2nd 10 mths the 3rd 1 is still going strong but sadly the car is written off :)

Hopefully you won't suffer like mine I know others that had it replaced & were trouble free

·
Living the dream!
8,545 Posts
I had this done on the old fn2 and was nearly 2 years later when we got rid and it was still fine, they changed pedal box and master cylinder on mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same when new with my wifes 7 years back Holden Honda in Norwich replaced the whole pedal box twice in about 6 months all ok now

·
Registered
903 Posts
got squeak on mine too, quite annoying! going to see what Brindley Honda can do when serviced next, not got any warranty though

If master cylinder and/or pedal box identified as fault does it have to be done at a main dealer or can I get a local garage to fit it cheaper if I have to pay?

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
got squeak on mine too, quite annoying! going to see what Brindley Honda can do when serviced next, not got any warranty though

If master cylinder and/or pedal box identified as fault does it have to be done at a main dealer or can I get a local garage to fit it cheaper if I have to pay?
It's not cheap. It's far cheaper to buy a warranty.

@OP, I had mine done under warranty as well (type S).

You just need to insist it's a known fault.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts