2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Looking to buy a Brodit clip for my Civic to mount my I phone. Seen the two options, one of which sits near the gear stick and another that sits near the centre console, next to the passenger seat.

Trying to decide. My questions are

The dash mounted holder near the gearstick - anyone had trouble changing gear by hitting the phone / holder with their hand. Guessing that selecting first gear could be fun.

The console mounted option seems to fit awfully close to the front passenger seat. Have users found that their passengers are hitting the holder at all as they get in and out of the car.

Thanks in advance as always

John

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I to have the holder next to the gear stick and all is good .... might be up for sale if your interested with iPhone mount

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
+1 for next to the gearstick. Doesn't get in the way at all, and still allows you to open and close the cubby.

Absolutely fantastic bit of kit.

·
Administrator
21,248 Posts
When I had my 8G I tried both. The gearstick one is a more solid fit.

Depends whether 'line of sight' is important.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I've got the one near the gear stick, fantastic bit if kit, no problems in changing gear and still with access to cubby hole

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts
Just to add to the mass of posts for the gear stick location I also have one and it is great.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. Gearstick fitting it is.

Leewill - if a sale is in the offing I'll lookout for an advert. Dont want to break any site rules.

I have a 5c I phone so would need the Brodit 514440 holder from what I can see. Dunno if your holder is the same / similar.

Thanks again to all replyees - is that a word.

John

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I'm thinking about getting one of these, but a quick question to anyone with a double din - How do you route the lead tidily to the brodit, and does it stay permanent so you only have to clip the phone in?

Currently I've got it routed into the centre console so put the phone in there when connected to the radio.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Where's your brodit mounted?

I have mine mounted on the vent and I routed the cable in behind the curved part of the dash (just left of the air con controls).

I don't have a double din by the way (I will eventually though!), but the cable doesn't cross the area where the screen would be.

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts
I have the brodit bracket but a different make of phone cradle. I have the higher up mounted one that goes to the left of the gear stick rather than the one by the power socket. I have the wire go into the top left corner of the compartment door above the gear stick, and over into the back of the dashboard. No drilling or cutting required. If you sort it so the wire stays in the corner then the door will open and close uninhibited

1 - 14 of 14 Posts