2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the below mount and position with one of today's big phones?
Just got me a pixel 2xl not totally happy with it in the air vent due to reflections from the rear window, but I'm not convinced it'll fit / slide in positioned as below without fouling the radio.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I’ve got the same mount and use an iPhone 7 Plus. Didn’t really get in the way and have full access to the radio.

Reactions: MrLongbeard

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Just about to order.mine for a pxiel xl2 aswell

Seems the prices have gone up since I last ordered one
It's a good bit of kit, they are well made and very sturdy when fitted. You won't regret buying a descent one. I have Brodit in both our cars, both different styles but both equally as good.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've decided against it after this mornings drive in, will be looking for a suitable block of nylon or delrin to cut down and put behind the holder so it angles it more towards me and less towards the rear screen

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
I have it for it my s7 edge after buying a few different ones. Really good

Prob end up selling mine as no longer used due to having case on phone so phone wont fit

·
Registered
81 Posts
You guys don't have the Garmin GPS socket in the dash?

I've made a switch for a phone mount with a mini usb charger plug in that thread.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a mount that allows my s8 horizontal with room to spare to the left of the satnav... i'll get a pic maybe

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I have the Garmin mount so have stuck a suction disc on it and mount a phone holder.

Tempted to see if I could make a USB socket it off the power cable to it

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nope, never seen one in a real life car either, I'm guessing it was a costly option which not many opted for.

Actually I think it was a cheaper option than the integrated gps in the console display... and now it's a fine spot to place a phone. :)

I was considering using that Brodit but every time I got a new phone I had to pay for a adapter. And that sucks.

I have the Garmin mount so have stuck a suction disc on it and mount a phone holder.

Tempted to see if I could make a USB socket it off the power cable to it

I've fitted a micro usb with a little solder but if you don't want to do it you can use a mini usb to microusb and it works fine too. If need help you go to that thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts