2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Had noticed for a while that whenever I shut my door there was a rattle. Advised this to be looked at by Honda today during it's service and they rang saying the handle was broken and it would cost £100.45 to fix.

Is this a known problem, any cheaper or easier way of sorting this?

Cheers,

Jon.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Depends on what is broken, but a 2nd handl handle are approx £40 from eBay and fit it yourself

But chances are the outer silver handle facia is broke, I bought some epoxy putty for £5 and put a small ball where mine was loose and it is solid 6 months on

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
As bench said. Simply apply an adhesive for the outer facia or if it is broken as mine was a few weeks back where the securing screw had snapped just needed a replacement screw to re secure the handle. 5 minute job and no way I would accept a £100 bill no matter what's wrong with it. Easy DIY job to fully replace a handle if that's the case anyway. Door card off takes minutes and then you have full access to the job in hand.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just noticed my silver plastic outside trim piece is also loose, pull it out slightly and I can see a couple of the plastic screw housings are broken.
Looks like a door card off and fix from the inside job but now I'm thinking epoxy or glue or something just to stick it.
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts