2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone will be able to help me out with my disaster! I stupidly let my misses drive my Civic Ti which she managed to crash into another car. Although at first glance the damage looked minimal with a cracked number plate and the bumper out of alignment I have now discovered that there is a clip that has snapped which I am assuming holds the bumper on. Is it possible to replace these clips if they are snapped or will I require a new bumper? I have attached a picture of the damaged clip I discovered.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
shameless
538 Posts
if its a 1.4 there is plenty of room to get behind the grill as the rad is mounted further back than in a 1.8/2.2

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you unclip the grill completely and then re seat it you may have more luck. If you just cant get it to sit down nicely but there is a little bit of space behind it you can use this stuff: Tiger Seal Body shops use it all the time, its a flexible adhesive and sealant. Be sparing with it though, its mega strong, and wear gloves as it does not come off your hands for a long time.

Also you may well be able to drill a little hole beyond where you can see in both parts and loop a cable tie through them to hold it together. Both of these are a bit of a bodge, but the stuff body shops do beyond where you can see often looks horrendous when you see behind it. So long as it looks right from the front you should be fine :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had the joy of going through a similar situation.

The grill is held in place by a mount that sits between the grill and the headlight, and kind of pushes the grill outwards, away from the radiator.
I'm going to guess the mount has snapped off the headlight. Unfortuntely this may mean new headlights. It seems that most of the front end is designed to crumble under the slightest impact.

You may be able to see by looking down between the radiator and grill if you take the plastic panel off when opening the bonnet. If you feel confident following the front bumper removal guide you can probably fix this yourself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.