2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
If Carlsberg did Civics..
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I wondered if anyone's had this before. Basically, the end of my handbrake has snapped!

The handbrake itself still works but the end of it is loose and almost comes right off if I were to force it. Unfortunately, most people seem to have a different handbrake which would seem easy to fix for about 30 quid but mine's an enclosed unit.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of costs im looking at to replace this from the dealers, or even better, does anyone have a model number. It's a 2006 Gen 8 civic.

Many Thanks!

Pete

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Hi All

I wondered if anyone's had this before. Basically, the end of my handbrake has snapped!

The handbrake itself still works but the end of it is loose and almost comes right off if I were to force it. Unfortunately, most people seem to have a different handbrake which would seem easy to fix for about 30 quid but mine's an enclosed unit.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of costs im looking at to replace this from the dealers, or even better, does anyone have a model number. It's a 2006 Gen 8 civic.

Many Thanks!

Pete
Mine came off, as my liitle boy would jump over from the passengers side to drivers side. Worse thing is he lost it and it's never been found.

I was going to replace it but just never got round to it. Saw a few second hand , hand-brake levers for £30.00 on ebay, there's a how-to on changing it yourself on here.

Yours looks like it's just gone loose, can you not fix it back on? (If not, can I have that little piece lol)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi All

Many Thanks!

Pete
Same thing happened to mine. I filled the broken end with araldite, held it in place with tape while the araldite set, then trimmed excess araldite off when it set. The repair is hardly visible. Lasted a year so far with no problems.
If you take the same approach, make sure you don't get too much araldite on the drivers side of the handle as it will impede the movement of the button mechanism.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mines broken in exactly the same place.

I've super-glue it twice now, doesn't look great but not that noticeable really.

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
will need to get min sorted..is this really a recall?

·
Registered
140 Posts
This happened to me. The entire handbrake lever assembly must be replaced.
I got one brand new from a Honda dealer, posted for around £45 from memory. (PM me for details if you want to)
Fitted myself, it wasn't difficult.

·
Street Cowboy
311 Posts
This happened to me. The entire handbrake lever assembly must be replaced.
I got one brand new from a Honda dealer, posted for around £45 from memory. (PM me for details if you want to)
Fitted myself, it wasn't difficult.

Can you do the ¨How To¨? :cool:
Got the same problem and I want to try doing it myself.
My second option is install a new one like racing style but Im not sure if there is any available that will fit perfectly :confused:

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts