2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I need some help. My passenger window has thrown in the towel and I think it is the window regulator at fault?

Does anyone have any advice on how to test the regulator, or any wiring diagrams that I can use to check it out? I've checked the fuses and they are fine.

I just want to see if there is anything else I can check before I start buying parts!

Cheers

Nobby

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right a bit of an update. Ive managed to take the door card off and have a look and ive even had a volt meter with no great results but then again i dont really know what wires do what! Does anyone have wiring diagram?

I have also noticed that the passenger side switch does not illuminate when the lights are on. But the drivers side does. But that has no effect on the window!

I still think its the regulator but anyone got any ideas?

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
I'm not good with electrics but have you checked the fuses etc? Not sure if both windows would be on the same circuit or not.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have found the switches to be a bit temperamental when not used for a while (ie. poor connection at the contacts of rear and passenger switches mainly), excercising the switches brought them to life again on ours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your right they are on 2 different circuits but i've checked all fuses and they are fine.

I've just had another better look, it wasn't raining!, and i've found that i have 7.5v dc supply coming into the switch connector on a purple wire.

Surely this should be 12v? Can anyone elaborate any further on any wiring or ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Stupid question but the main window lock switch on the drivers side isn't pushed in is it? - this sstops the passenger windows from operating.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right I've come to the conclusion, after looking at some fd1/2 wiring diagrams, that there is no power to the passenger side window and that there must be a relay that powers the window, there is in the diagram. So my question is does anyone know where the relays are located? Are they located under the dash in the manual it shows 2 under the bonnet but there must be more!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts