2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my story!

I bought my Honda and the Sat Nav unit would not save my phone data or address details. According to the service manager at Honda this is a common fault so it was replaced under warranty.

Car was fixed and I picked it up again on Wednesday afternoon (25/03), the unit has a black pen mark on it and when the technician tried to remove it infront of me at the dealership he managed to scratch the screen in 3 places, so I've got another warranty claim to have my refurbished warranty part replaced within 10 minutes of collecting the car.

Now today the unit I have has decided it doesn't want to work all the time. I've had this unit 4 days (today 29/03) and it needs replacing again!

What is wrong with these damn Honda units?!?! I was told that I have to have a refurbished unit as they don't make them anymore, which clearly just means giving me a broken one! I'm going to phone Honda's warranty department tomorrow and try to obtain a brand new unit as this is a massive joke! I need my car for the weekend as I'm going to BTCC.

Has anyone else had any problems with there's? I can't be the only one surely?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Frankly, I'd go to a different dealer! Because to remove the radio/sat nav in the 9G is not a simple case of 'Pulling on the Sat Nav'

You need to remove the trim by your knee, then un-clip/remove the heater control panel to gain access to 2 screws under the radio/sat nav. Then the whole radio and surround with the air vents and hazard switch pulls forward (The radio is secured in a cage). If done correctly, the fitter should not be able to scratch the screen :(

Insist on a new unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts