2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having a proper look around my car after cleaning/ waxing it some things that really have stuck out and I should have noticed before. A lot of the bodywork doesn't line up great. It's a 2007 fn2. The drivers door isn't great but this may be wear and tear of a certain part as it ever so slightly sticks out more than the passenger door, the bonnet meeting the headlights, the side roof panels on one side sticks out more than the other and the boot is also not great, actually the boot is probably the worst - bigger gap on the passenger side than the drivers.

Anyone notice this?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I have an 07 FN2 as well but cant say that I have noticed any of the above... mine lines up more or less perfect

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
my front bumper and dosn't line up great due to me bending the bumper runners under headlights. if yours has so many of these pannel issues could it be a crash repair?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
my front bumper and dosn't line up great due to me bending the bumper runners under headlights. if yours has so many of these pannel issues could it be a crash repair?
The bumper is one of the things that is so difficult to get back in line if it has already been off.

But do agree with you it seems a lot of things to be out of place... does sound like its been in an accident

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Text your number plate to 83600 "car test check" it's called tells you your cars history it cost though but worth it. I do it every time I buy a car even if it says hpi clear just to be on safe side

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Text your number plate to 83600 "car test check" it's called tells you your cars history it cost though but worth it. I do it every time I buy a car even if it says hpi clear just to be on safe side
Yup well worth it!

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep cheers fella I already did that before I brought the car and it came back clear. It drives fine etc just the rear boot is suspicious. I will upload a pic tomorrow.

Anything on the rear window that might give it away - code in the window? Should it match the codes in the rear and front windows etc.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
What's the panels like slightly different shades or anything?
Did the previous owner have any service history like receipts?

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
What's the panels like slightly different shades or anything?
Did the previous owner have any service history like receipts?
Won't be able to go by the colour, most civics will have panels that are slightly different shades :p

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers lads, will take it to a body shop and see what they have to say. And also wait for the previous owner to get back to me. I will post some pics tomorrow as it will give you a better idea as you can't go from my description.

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
plastics and metals have different shades of paint from the factory on most cars, but it could have been a un recorded accident repair, a good body shop should be able to tell you.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
It's a 9 year old car, lots could happened to it... accidents to to repairs to owners fiddling... plus honda's build quality is not what it used to be... At the time the 8g was launched, Swindon had major issues with its lazy can't be asked workforce. They have sorted now, but still not perfect.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Panel gaps and flushness issues are quite common on many brand new cars straight out of the factorys, all higher volume manufacturers. Most people just don't notice these issues.
Generally it's easy enough to align them properly yourself unless the car was built on the extremes of the tolerances or if it was in an accident of course.
For example bonnet to fender flushness can be tweaked by simply turning in or out the rubber stoppers in the engine bay and/or moving the latch, headlights can moved around a bit by loosening their mounting bolts, door gaps can be aligned by moving the door hinges, door flushness by adjusting the rubber stoppers or moving the striker in/out

Sent from my E2003 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts