2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I've had my new Type-s over two weeks now, and I'm happy with it, except one little thing. During driving I've noticed something on my seat that was irritating me.

When I stopped I pressed with my thumb against the seat (red arrow on the picture) and I noticed that that small part of the seat was a little harder than the rest of the seat. Like the foam underneath is a little more denser than in the other parts of the seat.

On the other seat this was nowhere to be found. I contacted my dealer to tell them of this fault. They saw it and simply said that it is normal.

Has anyone have the same "bump" in their seats? I would like to know is it really a fault, or they come just like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
New car seats can take quite a few weeks to fully soften, until then they can be quite uncomfortable. If it continues to be a problem though, you would need to see your dealer again as something would not be right.

·
Administrator
19,172 Posts
To be honest I have never noticed anything on mine, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there at the beginning, though.

See how it goes for a few weeks and if it goes away after sitting on it.

·
Administrator
19,172 Posts
Maybe a tin or seven of baked beans and a good of windbreaking session will flatten it!;)
Thanks for the insight to what you do whilst driving, Wheelchair :rofl:

But to go back on topic: I think it will flatten over time.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
It' part of the seat belt pressure sensor (the foam is thinner in that part)- it will not soften, but you will get used to it :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts