2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone!

Been having the dreaded 'clunking' issue with my front suspension as many others have had.

Have replaced the drop links with the help of a great write up on here by another user.

I still have the same problem after changing the drop links. My question is, if you've replaced these yourself are they a simple enough thing to do? I've had a look through the forums and cant seem to find any 'instructions' or a write of from someone who has done it.

Any help would be much appreciated, hoping to get this sorted over the next few days.

Thanks!

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
They're about halfway on DIY difficulty

Getting the shocks out are easy enough but you need spring compressors and hope the top nut isn't seized. It's a case of compressing the spring, taking the top mount and bearing off then replacing the bumpstop.

Your best bet is watching ChrisFix and EricTheCarGuy on youtube to give you a visual idea. Also shows you why you don't mess with spring compressors lol

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're about halfway on DIY difficulty

Getting the shocks out are easy enough but you need spring compressors and hope the top nut isn't seized. It's a case of compressing the spring, taking the top mount and bearing off then replacing the bumpstop.

Your best bet is watching ChrisFix and EricTheCarGuy on youtube to give you a visual idea. Also shows you why you don't mess with spring compressors lol
Top man, I've got access to a spring compressor. Pal of mine has most of the gear in his garage which is always handy. I'll check out those videos pal, thanks.

Might end up replacing everything on the front end to be honest - probably for the best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve purchased Front Bump Stop Kit for both sides £112.26 for pair. Need to find local garage to fit those for me as I’m complete noob to car mechanics. What would be reasonable cost for such service ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts