2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently in and accident in my 57 plate FN3 civic where the front of my car was damaged this meant I had to replace both headlights, both headlight rails, both bumper brackets, the grill, radiator and condenser. I did this all by myself and it went pretty well (or so i thought.) However somewhere along the line something hasn't quite worked as there is a gap between the bumper and grill and the bumper where it screws to the bumper bracket is not flush with the rest of the body work leading me to thing that the bumper bracket mount has been damaged in the process. I have attached photos and any advice and input would be a real help, thanks in advance. :)

·
i-Vtec
4,424 Posts
The front bumper is a PITA to realign tbh. Hook it in on one side then push it in and along as you go until you reach the other side. Kind of like you are stretching it as you go. I think i manage it about every other time. Make sure none of the bumper mounting under both headlights are pushed closed to far too. It really is a two person job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at a few of them and they didn’t look to be gripping it properly maybe that’s something I need to adjust to have it held in. I will talk ar lass into it and see if it works any better. Thanks pal.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Broken tabs don't help either like the third picture. It might not seem much but it will help to hold everything in place more securely if you can fix it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have any advice how to do that? Ive seen there is a plastic weld I might give it a try and see if that works

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have a search on youtube for fixing broken tabs on bodywork. There's probably a ton of different videos to give you a few pointers. I'd suggest trying to reinforce the tab by melting a piece of wire into it like a staple. Otherwise it could snap again under a bit of pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts