2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Youll all be sick of me soon with my new threads!!!!
I know the questions probably been asked before but ill ask again;)

I would love to colour code but financial restraints plus the saving for a house means this is definately not an option! after seeing some pictures for the staining/bumper paint (i hope you all know which one i mean!) i would just like to know how big the difference is between that and AGBC and whether both are a long term improvement or like alot of others on the market and last 1 whole cleaning (joys of good marketing for us consumers)

Everyones opionion is valued.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
AGBC is OK but will last a week or two and doesn't really give a black look, just a darker look.

I stained mine a few months ago and they look ace unless you get really close. If you're a good painter with a steady hand you'd be able to do a really tidy job I'm sure. It's quick to do (you have to be quick because it dries so fast). It's permanant in the sense that it won't fade / run. However, if you make a mess of it, it comes off fairly easily with some white spirit.

I'd say it's worth a shot buying the stain for a tenner or whatever it is. After doing mine I wasn't sure whether or not to remove it - mainly because I'm mega fussy. However, the car just looks so much better unless really close that I decided to keep it on.

If you do stain it, get some Black in a Flash too - putting that over the top gives it more of a shine. Only problem with Black in a Flash is that when it rains it seems to get water marks in it and can look abit of a mess. Maybe I'm putting too much on. I've seen people commenting that after staining it looks a mess unless you put Black in a Flash on. I've not found this to be the case - still looks much better than the stock grey.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Right....
Theres only one product on the market that can totally transform exterior plastic trim
Its called GTechnik C4
Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer | FREE UK DELIVERY
You will not find a better product..Honest
And its permanent!!!
Not used this stuff before but, won't it just restore the trim? So meaning it's still grey just more glossy? I'm guessing it gives a similar result to AGBC only it's permanant?

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That was what i was thinking about staining then glossing i want a nice dark look with a little gloss! try to get as close to a colour coded look as possible!

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was thinking more sand it down with 50 grit and one layer of matt black halfords spray paint put a wd40 nozzle on it and away i go plus i wont tape up the paint for the added effects ;)

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ill be sure to upload once i have got my best tracksuit out of the wash and driven my daily vauxall nova 1.2 (with a roll cage for added speed) down to halfords.

In all seriousness when i decided what i will use and order it then ill make sure i upload some!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.