2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly little issue here.

Went out to my car last night after work and noticed the metal dustcaps were missing...all 4 >_<

So after inspecting the car for more damage I was trying to think of possible ways to prevent this in future.

Can you guys give me some help?

Much appreciated!

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Unfortunately those type of caps are always being nicked.

You need to stick to the normal black ones - the world is full of people who just can't keep their hands off others property.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just need to find the other two of my black caps....although I think they stole them off my dads jeep which was next to my car too

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
you can get nice anti theft ones..they really work...but youre always going to get dust caps taken off..i use to buy expensive ones until i gave up lol

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was given these when I bought the alloys.

I just don't like the fact it happened to be honest...I know who did it.

Next to my carpark is a park where all the kids hang about causing havoc...so I know it was them but no point in confronting them

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just stick with the plain old black ones - metal ones etc are a bit pointless to be honest!
Not the point, its just they were a gift and I know they are only a small thing with hardly any value.

I wouldn't mind as much if they wern't a gift but they where!

Next door neighbours dont have any to steal haha

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Have had problems with chrome dustcaps which with all the salt on the roads up here in winter causes the caps to ''weld'' themselves on and was quoted 30 quid to cut them off by garage,but managed to do it myself with a Dremmel,so be warned!

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if you go near mine ill know who stole it :p
You have yet to really give me any clues to where your car actually is ;)

Although I think I got a clue from your post about bodyshops so he he he he heeeeeeee :cool:

I was given the idea about using pliars to really keep them bolted onto the wheel?

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Plenty of caps down halfords, you can either buy a set where you have your own little key to tighten them on or get some spinners like I have. If you try to remove the dust cap they will just spin round, you again need a special key to get them off.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Stick to the cheap plain black plastic ones. Sounds like these kids are nicking them just to be a pain in the rear end, which for some reason some kids enjoy being :confused::confused:. If they cant get your fancy anti-theft ones off, they will probably feel like they have to do something else distructive to your car to get their kicks and not to let you win, scratched paintwork, nicked centre caps, etc. :(

·
geekess
3,638 Posts

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Just spray up some 50p halfords plastic ones.....

Tom

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
Unfortunately those type of caps are always being nicked.

You need to stick to the normal black ones - the world is full of people who just can't keep their hands off others property.

I agree I once had some alloy ones and disturbed a young lad in a mg zr nicking them, did not know what he was up to until the next morning :( but I never bought nice ones again.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wernt there a fella who kept getting his motors either broken into or stolen who ended up rigging a mains feed to the car so it was live over night.

He didn't have any drama after the first intruder tried his luck and ended up like a rotisserie chicken!!!

Might solve your problem.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
just think of all the little ***** that have nice dust caps on there BMXs i have had 3 sets nicked of mine, now have set of security caps with own key...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts