2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my FN2 last month. I began to notice that the clutch wasn't so great, so I took it to a local garage to get the clutch replaced. I got a call midday recommending that I replace the flywheel too, as it has some minor burns. Unfortunately this FN2 has bled my dry. They said that a skim would be cheaper, but would delay the return of the car by a week. I desperately need transport back asap, so have had to forgo any flywheel fiddling.

What are the short term and long term repercussions?
If the burns were minor, should it really need replacing?

I just wanted to get an opinion from someone who wasn't going to profit from my decision...

Thank you in advance.

·
#darkside
2,238 Posts
You get heat spots on the flywheels on fn2s I'd say 99% of them in the road will have.. Sure they aren't pulling your pants down?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You get heat spots on the flywheels on fn2s I'd say 99% of them in the road will have.. Sure they aren't pulling your pants down?
That's what I'm wondering to be honest. Unfortunately I couldn't get there to inspect the 'minor burns'.

Any ideas what symptoms I could look out for when I collect it?

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,048 Posts
Someone is pulling your leg surely.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got a call from the garage, they were able to remove the burn damage with some light abrasives. Apparently it drives perfectly! I'm so glad I dug me heels in with the flywheel skimming/replacement. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts