2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am going to buy a civic, 2007 version I think and I was wondering I was tempted with the sat nav verison but it looks too basic with it being a old satnav..but I'm told it would be ok still with updated maps

would I be best just getting the normal non sat nav version and then getting a double din satnav with touch screen? as it could end up better having Bluetooth for much and maybe usb port and aux

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Depends what you want doesn't it?

Many do not like the OEM satnav/audio so replace it with a DDIN.

PS: I've Deleted your duplicate thread, there really is no need to ask the same question in different sections. Users often browse the site and read through the latest posts (rather than trawling through each section). So you will get an answer, just ping an update to a single thread next time ;-)

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Sat nav isn't really the question...
2007 Sat Nav was only in the EX, which also came with Xenons, Dual zone climate control, Bluetooth telephony and Cruise control. To not get an EX means you will generally miss out on some of these options as well.

If you only care about the sat nav and not the rest, get a non sat nav and install double din for the extra sound quality.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tbh I don't care what headlights they are long as they do the job, cruise control I know I would not use at all too so think I will just get the standard version and get a double din plus you can get them with Bluetooth phone too

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
For what it's worth, I have a 2.2 CDTi ES model, which has cruise, dual climate control, auto headlights & windscreeen washers & skylight roof. I've just changed the headunit to a DD, Sony XAV 602BT, (bluetooth & sat nav via mirror link) best thing I have ever done! Music is 100% better, sound range is vastly improved, OEM speakers are pathetic, already replaced coaxials in the rear & applied silent coat in the area, components will go in this weekend, weather permitting! so, IMHO, look for an ES, great spec and invest the money you save in a decent DD, some speakers and silent coat!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I like the extra that come with the EX however the satnav interface/software is terrible. I use my phone. However it does come handy when your stuck in traffic and looking for side streets to cut corners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts