2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

going to look at a 07 Type R GT tomorrow with 28k on the clock, just wondering what to look out for? Any common faults or wear and tear that I need to keep an eye out for?

thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Make sure u test drive it ! Not just a quick 5 or 10 minutes either. If you can try and cover various road conditions such as uneven tarmac so u get a feel of how stiff the suspension is ! No point in buying one and then realising you cant live it !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure u test drive it ! Not just a quick 5 or 10 minutes either. If you can try and cover various road conditions such as uneven tarmac so u get a feel of how stiff the suspension is ! No point in buying one and then realising you cant live it !
Yeah I will do, already driven one and I didnt find it too bad tbh. Current car is quite stiff and the roads around my area are actually quite good anyway.

·
Registered
192 Posts
a bit late maybe but here goes !!!

having owned one for 2.5 yrs and 28k miles I'd suggest the following [most likely all listed in the aforementioned list, but all relevant to my car during ownership] :-

3rd gear synchro
door rust at tops behind rubber
front and rear discs and pads
clutch pedal squeeks or sticky travel
stone chips on bonnet
engine oil level
handbrake lever recal status

going to miss mine, but how much is the one your looking at listed at out of curiosity ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts